Partner Visa 309

The visa lets the partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia temporarily. Getting this visa is the first step towards a permanent Partner visa (subclass 100). via

How long is the wait for 309 visa?

The current Government processing time for a Subclass 309 Partner Visa is 18 to 23 months. Applying for a Partner Visa from Onshore (a Subclass 820/801 Visa) also has a long processing time – currently 23 to 28 months. via

Can you work on 309 visa?

The subclass 309 visa will be subject to nil visa conditions, permitting you to work, study and travel without limitation. via

Is 309 a permanent resident?

Partner (Provisional and Migrant) Visa (Subclass 309/100)

The provisional 309 visa is a temporary visa while the migrant 100 visa is a permanent. via

Does 309 visa need exemption?

Visa holders (subclass 100, 309, 801, 820, 101, 102, 445) are exempt and do not need to apply for an exemption. Prospective marriage visa holders 300 will still need to apply for an exemption. via

How long does the Partner visa take?

Important changes to partner visa processing times

The Department of Home Affairs' current processing time for partner visa applications is between 17 to 21 months. via

How much is a Partner visa in Australia 2020?

How Much Does a Partner Visa Cost in 2020? According to the Department of Home Affairs' website, the current price of the partner visa is at AUD7,715 (this is only current at time of publishing). via

How do you prove a defacto relationship?

  • a statement about how you share housework.
  • household bills in both names.
  • mail or emails addressed to you both.
  • documents that show joint responsibility for children.
  • documents that prove your living arrangements.
  • via

    What is the difference between visa 820 and 309?

    The 820 visa is for onshore applicants and the 309 visa is for offshore applicants. If you are in a married or de facto relationship with an Australian citizen and want to live in Australia, then you will be sponsored by your spouse or de facto partner during this two-stage visa process. via

    What is the cost of a Partner visa?

    The cost of a partner visa

    The base fee for the combined application for an Australian partner visa is AUD 7,715. When Prospective Marriage visa holders apply for the Partner visa after they're married, they will need to pay a further AUD 1,285. via

    Can my Partner enter Australia?

    You will not be able to travel to Australia unless you have applied for and been granted a travel exemption. Note: Partner (subclasses 100, 309, 801 and 820) and Child (subclasses 101, 102 and 445) visa holders do not need to apply for a travel exemption. via

    What is a 309 visa?

    The visa lets the de facto partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, live in Australia permanently. It is usually granted to people who hold a temporary Partner visa (subclass 309). via

    Can you stay in Australia while waiting for Partner visa?

    If you are waiting for the decision on a substantive or permanent visa and want to visit Australia to see a partner or holiday you can. You must intend to stay only temporarily in Australia. If you are not a genuine visitor your visa may be cancelled. via

    Is 309 eligible for Medicare?

    This includes if you've applied for a combined spouse visa 309/100 or 820/801. You can enrol in Medicare from either: the date you applied for permanent residency. the date you arrived here to live if you applied outside Australia. via

    Who can enter Australia without a visa?

    As of December 1998, Japan has also granted visa-free access to Australians. Other ETA eligible countries and territories Canada, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore and South Korea (90 days) and Taiwan (30 days) also grant visa-free access to Australians while Brunei grants Australians a 30-day visa on arrival. via

    Leave a Comment

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *